четверг, 6 февраля 2014 г.

Definition

Hi there! This web log is dedicated to development of Jet framework.
Jet is c++ library and if you are not interested in c++ I guess this would be not the most exciting reading for you.
Initially I was going to implement Jet to satisfy my immediate needs in convenient set of tools for “rapid c++ development” - this sounds a bit controversial because there is common belief that c++ is not for fast-starters. Well, this is true.
In c++ before you start writing something real you need to write several supporting layers that tailor existing language and platform facilities for your application. This is unfortunate because I like the language and I’m comfortable with it but when I initiated my own project I found that I literally could’t start it. I couldn’t take development framework that I’m using on my work. Other options like using ‘naked’ c++ or switch to another language did not attract me much.
Returning to the purpose of this blog - source code is succinct result of programming process. But there are plethora of design decisions in background. From my experience I came to understanding that modern software development processes are missing one of the most important deliverable of the project - a reasoning of why this or that decision was made. You can have design documents and clear architecture (lucky you!) but the reasons that made you come to these decisions usually are lost in time.
Consider this blog as a whiteboard that I used during development of Jet framework.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий